Last Updated on
SAL-18200 DT – 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Zoom Lens
Specially designed for the APS-size CCD imager of the Sony ? (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera, the SAL-18200 is the standard zoom lens that brings you closer to your subject. With superior all-in-one lens performance for everyday shooting, its 35mm-equivalent range of 27mm wide-angle to 300mm telephoto excels at capturing faraway subjects, sports events, dramatic landscapes and intimate close-up views.
Internal Focusing System
Internal lens elements move when focusing, so the overall length does not change — creating a lens that focuses more quickly and doesn’t change balance.
Aspherical Lens Elements
Three aspherical elements correct visual aberrations more effectively across the entire zoom range and help reduce weight.
ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass
Two ED Glass lenses minimize flare and greatly reduce chromatic aberration, giving you sharp, clear shots even at full telephoto extension.
Because aperture blades form a near circle at the wide openings used for low-light shots, spot-light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.
- Focal Length : APS: 27-300mm (35mm Equivalent: 18-200mm)
- Filter Diameter : 62mm
- Minimum Focus Distance : 1′ 6″ (45cm)
- Magnification : x 0.27
- Lens Groups-Elements : 13 groups, 15 elements
- Distance Scale : Yes
- Distance Encoder : Yes
- Aperture (Max.) : f/3.5 – 6.3
- Aperture (Min.) : f/22 – 40
- Blades : 7 aperture blades
- Aspheric Elements : 3 aspheric
- Lens Type : Standard Zoom
Weights and Measurements
- Weight (Approx.) : 14oz (405g)
- Dimensions (Approx.) : 2 7/8 x 3 3/8” (73 x 85.5mm)
- Front and rear lens cap
- SH0008 petal lens hood