DT 11-18mm f/4.5-5.6 Super Wide Zoom Lens
With the capability to focus quickly and zoom from super wide angle to wide angle, the SAL-1118 zoom lens captures interior scenes with greater flexibility and handles fast action in close environments. Its DT design is ideally suited for the APS-size CCD imager of your ? (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera. And its 35mm-equivalent zoom range of 16.5mm to 27mm gives you wide latitude in framing and composition.
Internal Focusing System
Lens elements at the rear of the optical system move, allowing rapid auto-focus response.
Aspherical Lens Elements
Aspherical elements correct frame distortion to provide more visually accurate super-wide-angle shots.
ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass
ED Glass lenses minimize flare and greatly reduce chromatic aberration, giving you photos with sharper focus and more accurate color separation.
In low-light shots or nightscapes, out-of-focus light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.
- Focal Length : APS: 16.5 – 27mm (35mm Equivalent: 11
- Filter Diameter : 77mm
- Minimum Focus Distance : 9.6″ (25cm)
- Magnification : x 0.125
- Lens Groups-Elements : 12 groups, 15 elements
- Distance Scale : Yes
- Distance Encoder : Yes
- Aperture (Max.) : f/4.5 – 5.6
- Aperture (Min.) : f/22 – 29
- Blades : 7 aperture blades
- Aspheric Elements : 3 aspheric
- Lens Type : Wide Angle & Wide Angle Zoom
Weights and Measurements
- Weight (Approx.) : 13oz (360g)
- Dimensions (Approx.) : 3 3/8 x 3 1/4 (83 x 80.5mm)
- Front and rear lens cap
- SH0009 petal lens hood