Last Updated on
SAL-135F28 135mm f/2.8-4.5 Telephoto Lens
The advanced SAL-135F28 STF (Smooth Transition Focus) telephoto lens incorporates an apodization optical element that distributes light rays to create smooth, aesthetically pleasing out-of-focus backgrounds and foregrounds that make sharp-focus subjects stand out more vividly. Mounted on your Sony (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera, this lens provides a 200mm focal length (35mm equivalent).
Smooth Transmission Focus
While subjects remain in sharp focus, out-of-focus backgrounds or foregrounds are blurred smoothly and evenly with gradation that thickens toward the edges of the frame for a pleasing aesthetic effect
After light passes through the apodization element, the lens aperture of f2.8 yields a T (transmissive brightness) equivalent of 4.5; a manual aperture ring can adjust T setting from 4.5 to 6.7.
Wide Focus Ring
The dedicated manual focusing system is controlled by a wide focus ring that’s comfortable to hold and gives you a solid, hands-on feel for pinpoint focusing of your subject.
Because aperture blades form a near circle at the wide openings used for low-light shots, spot-light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.
- Focal Length : APS: 202.5mm (35mm Equivalent: 135mm)
- Minimum Focus Distance : 2.85′ (87cm)
- Magnification : x 0.25
- Lens Groups-Elements : 1 group, 2 elements
- Distance Encoder : Yes
- Depth-of-Field : Yes
- Aperture (Max.) : f/2.8
- Aperture (Min.) : f/31
- Blades : 9 aperture blades
- Aspheric Elements : no aspheric
- Lens Type : Standard & Medium Telephoto
Weights and Measurements
- Weight (Approx.) : 1lb 10oz (730g)
- Dimensions (Approx.) : 3 1/8 x 3 7/8” (80 x 99mm)
- Front and rear lens cap
- SH0014 solid-circular lens hood
- Lens carrying case