Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* DT 16-80mm f/3.5-4.5 Zoom Lens
The SAL-1680Z is ultimate all-in-one zoom lens designed specifically for DSLR imaging. It’s the first professional-grade 5X zoom lens specifically designed for APS-size CCD image sensors?providing incredible precision in a single compact, easy-to-carry lens that carries you from 24mm wide-angle to 120mm telephoto (35mm equivalent). Advanced Carl Zeiss?optical design and anti-flare T* Coating make this one of the most valued lenses in the world of digital photography.
5X Zoom Range
Smaller and lighter, it’s the only 5X zoom lens designed specifically for the APS-size CCD imager used in the Sony? ± (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera.
Glass-Molded Aspherical Lens Elements
Two glass-molded aspherical lens elements correct visual aberrations and improve picture quality across the entire zoom range.
Because aperture blades form a near circle at the wide openings used for low-light shots, spot-light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.
In auto-focus mode, the manual focus ring does not rotate — and in manual focusing, a wider focus ring provides a solid, hands-on feel.
- Focal Length : APS: 24 – 120mm (35mm Equivalent: 16
- Filter Diameter : 62mm
- Minimum Focus Distance : 1′ 2.4” (62mm)
- Magnification : x 0.24
- Lens Groups-Elements : 10 groups, 14 elements
- Distance Scale : Yes
- Distance Encoder : Yes
- Non-rotating Focusing Ring : Yes
- Aperture (Max.) : f/3.5 – 4.5
- Aperture (Min.) : f/22 – 29
- Blades : 7 aperture blades
- Aspheric Elements : 2 aspheric
- Lens Type : Standard Zoom
Weights and Measurements
- Weight (Approx.) : 16oz (445g)
- Dimensions (Approx.) : 2 7/8 x 3 3/8” (72 x 83mm)
- Front and rear lens cap
- SH0005 petal lens hood
- Lens carrying case