Last Updated on
SAL-50F14 50mm f/1.4 Lens
An ultra-bright standard lens for fast, accurate shooting by available light. For quick candid shots that capture the special moment, the SAL-50F14 lens provides superb clarity and visual accuracy, even when shooting at fully open aperture indoors, in low-light or twilight conditions. Mounted on your (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera, this lens provides midrange telephoto 75mm focal length (35mm equivalent)-and takes advantage of the in-camera Super SteadyShot image stabilization system to minimize blur from camera movement.
Superb Sharpness in Available Light
In conjunction with the Super SteadyShot image stabilization system of the Sony ± (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera, this lens achieve pinpoint sharpness even working with hand-held camera by available light.
Bright f1.4 Aperture
The ability to capture more light in dark environments gives you a superb lens for hand-held shooting without flash, to preserve the mood or in locations where flash is not permitted.
Conventional lenses close their apertures with blades that can create multi-sided shapes — but the aperture blades of this superb wide-angle lens form a near circle at the wide openings you’ll use for low-light shots, so spot-light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.
- Focal Length : APS: 75 mm (35mm Equivalent: 50 mm)
- Filter Diameter : 55 mm
- Minimum Focus Distance : 1’ 6’’ (45cm)
- Magnification : x 0.15
- Lens Groups-Elements : 6 groups, 7 elements
- Distance Scale : Yes
- Distance Encoder : Yes
- Depth-of-Field : Scale: Yes
- Aperture (Max.) : f/1.4
- Aperture (Min.) : f/22
- Blades : 7 aperture blades
- Aspheric Elements : no aspheric
- Lens Type : Standard & Medium Telephoto
Weights and Measurements
- Weight (Approx.) : 8oz (220g)
- Dimensions (Approx.) : 2 9/16 x 1 11/16” (65.5 x 43mm)
- Front and rear lens cap
- SH0011 solid-circular lens hood